April 26-28, 2024
Heartland Retreat Center
Kansas City, Missouri
- Are you curious about Conscious Eroticism?
- Would you like to heal your relationship with your sexuality?
- Would you like to feel more empowered in your love life?
- Want to uplevel your sex and intimate life but don't know where to start?
It's always such an honor to teach this workshop. For me, this workshop was an initiation into a the mystical realm of what I now call "transpersonal eroticism". It changed my life when I realized that my spiritual path needed to include my sexuality, and my love life. This was THE WORKSHOP that led me to start down this path of erotic liberation and soul embodiment.
If you are looking for a well-facilitated introduction to get in touch with your sexuality, this is the workshop for you. My friend and Body Electric co-facilitator Donnie Sunshine and I will guide participants through carefully structured exercises using breath, touch, movement and heart centered sharing. Some exercises are done solo, some with a partner, and some in groups of three.
This is a fully clothed two-day in-person workshop facilitated by me, from the Body Electric School. Body Electric is one of the most trusted names in erotic education. The School has been providing high quality experiences for people for over forty years.
This is an event where people will be naked, but your degree of nudity will be your choice. Nudity is not required. There also will be opportunities for touch and connection with others. However, all the exercises that are offered have a structure and boundaries, so as to invite you to learn about specific aspects of yourself in each thing that we practice. You will be at choice the whole time as far as how you participate. There is a lot of emphasis on consent and learning to recognize your "yes" and your "no" in your body.
Will this be socially awkward?
The structure and flow of the exercises in the workshop are helpful for minimizing social awkwardness. That being said, we will be talking about "awkwardness" and creating space where awkwardness is celebrated and embraced, since it's part of the learning journey.
What will I learn?
Here are some examples of some of the skills that people learn from this work:
- Asking for what you want
- Learning to release shame and self-soothe
- Setting boundaries with skill and care
- Practicing consent more gracefully
- Having difficult and tender conversations
- Attuning to yourself and another person simultaneously
- Guiding your erotic energy into creative outlets
- Sharing in an appropriately vulnerable way
- Talking about feelings
- Making friends with your body, exactly as it is, right now
- Feeling sexy and attractive
- Expressing your desire to another person in a non-creepy way
- Dealing with rejection and disappointment constructively
- Getting clear about what really turns you on
- Embodiment & eroticism as a spiritual path
What if I have sexual trauma?
Many people with sexual trauma have benefitted from the work of the Body Electric School. That being said, this work is not appropriate in cases of acute trauma. Please reach out to our team to have a conversation about your situation if you are unsure.
You will be at choice throughout the experience. For each exercise, you will be presented with different ways to participate, and encouraged to feel into the way to participate that works best for you.
What if I am nervous about signing up?
This is normal! Just about everyone is nervous before these transformational experiences. We encourage you to feel into if you are in the excited, nervous, learning zone, or if the workshop would be stretching you into a place of too much discomfort - which might mean that you aren't quite ready for it yet. Individual coaching might be a great option instead.
It can also be helpful to attend one of the School's events called "Discovering if Body Electric is right for you" to help gather more information for yourself. (Learn more here www.bodyelectric.org)
Please message me with questions about this. I would love to share more about this workshop to help you determine if this is the right next step for you on your journey.